Commencement in the College of Letters & Science
L&S undergraduate students can review their degree and major requirements by visiting the L&S Academic Advising Services in Suite 155 Middleton Building or meeting with their department/major advisor to go over their DARS.
All students must apply to graduate to complete their degree.
- Requirements for Graduation
- Information about the University Commencement Ceremony
- Future Commencement Dates
- After Graduation
- Deadlines at a Glance
- Degree Audit Registration System (DARS)
- Graduate School Degree Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree Completion
- Undergraduate Degree Requirements
All campus commencement ceremonies are held in the Kohl Center located at 601 W. Dayton Street.
No tickets are required for admission, and the ceremonies are open to the public. Each ceremony will last approximately two hours.
Candidates are asked to be in their seats 20 minutes prior to the starting time of the ceremony.
- Commencement Ceremony: Information about commencement ceremonies including schedules, parking and other information. The Commencement Hotline is 608-262-9076.
- Ordering Commencement Attire
- Send in a class note
- Sunday, December 22, 2013
- Friday and Sunday, May 16 and 18, 2014
- Updating your alumni record: Stay connected with L&S.
- Wisconsin Alumni Association: Your link to staying connected to UW-Madison after graduation
- L&S Career Services: Your connection to finding a job as a recent graduate from L&S.
- Obtaining Transcripts: How to order copies of your transcripts from the Office of the Registrar.