Graduate students take part in a welcome event sponsored by the Multicultural Graduate Network (MGN). Photo by Bryce Richter, University Communications
Information for Graduate Students
Graduate students in the College of Letters & Science will be supported by their academic department. They contribute to the vibrant, interdisciplinary community in L&S by participating in research, teaching courses and volunteering their time and talent through public service.
Graduate student resources:
- Graduate Student Life: Information about living in Madison, Wisconsin and attending UW-Madison.
- The Graduate Student Collaborative (GSC): The GSC serves as a resource and a voice for UW-Madison graduate students within the Graduate School. Through outreach, educational, and social programming, the GSC enhances graduate students' community involvement; professional, academic, and personal development; and quality of life.
- Office of Fellowships and Funding Resources: The office provides assistance to graduate students, staff and faculty on campus funding issues, particularly those related to internal and external fellowships.
- Graduate Student Professional Development: Information provided by the Graduate School for professional development.
- Graduate Student School Forms: For course change requests, credit overload requests, withdrawal and more.